How To BRUW
- INSTRUCTIONS -
1. Add 2 TBSP of loose leaf tea OR coarse ground coffee between the 100-200ml line, approximately 1/4 cup. This is the perfect amount for a delicious cup of tea or coffee, and foolproof filtering.
2. Fill your jar all the way to the top with cool water, attach the regular lid, and let it sit for 6-12 hours for tea & 18-24 hours for coffee.
3. After your cold brew is done steeping, remove the standard lid and attach the BRUW filter–straw side down–into your beverage.
4. Attach an empty mason jar to the top, flip the whole assembly, and watch as the magic happens.
Do you work better with a visual aid? Check out the video below to help! 👇
- HELPFUL TIPS -
- The BRUW filter is designed to make cold brewing super simple. If there is any leaking, clogging, or inconvenience, something is WRONG!
- The BRUW filter works exclusively with wide mouth jars.
- Make sure your coffee is ground coarse, more than you would for a French press. This not only makes sure the coffee filters properly, but it's necessary for the best extraction.
- IT'S NOT FILTERING! WHAT DO I DO? -
Don't panic, you can always get it to filter.
The BRUW filter comes with a straw, if the straw is not attached the liquid will not filter. This is because a vacuum is created at the top of the jar and won't let the liquid drip down. The straw prevents this from happening, and lets the brewed beverage filter perfectly. Make sure you're using this.
If you're doing everything right and it's still not filtering, flip the whole assembly over again and re-flip it to try and get it to filter. Shaking, swirling, or tapping the system on the counter also helps get it to filter. Be patient! It's normal if it takes a few minutes.
It's also normal for a large portion of the brew to filter quickly, and the
remaining to take a bit longer.